Canada’s metals & mining industry M&A deals total $686.45m in Q3 2020
by David Fleschen
Total metals & mining industry M&A deals in Q3 2020 worth $686.45m were announced in Canada, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 76.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 81.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $3.65bn.
Canada held a 9.5% share of the global metals & mining industry M&A deal value that totalled $7.21bn in Q3 2020.
In terms of deal activity, Canada recorded 213 deals during Q3 2020, marking a rise of 37.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 90.2% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals accounted for 50.8% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining M&A deals stood at $348.91m, against the overall value of $686.45m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Auryn Resources’ $112.92m acquisition of Eastmain Resources
- The $75m asset transaction with Kirkland Lake Gold by Newmont
- Kinross Gold’s $70.02m asset transaction with Contango ORE and Royal Gold
- The $45.8m acquisition of Coral Gold Resources by Guerrero Ventures
- Southern Empire Resources’ acquisition of MAS Gold for $45.17m.
Source: Global Data, Photo: Fotolia