Global metals & mining industry deals total $502.25m in January 2020
by David Fleschen
Total metals & mining industry deals for January 2020 worth $502.25m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 93.6% over the previous month and a drop of 89.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.88bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.4% over the last 12-month average with 78 deals against the average of 109 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $295.78m.
Metals & mining industry deals in January 2020: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 87.2% of the overall value during January 2020.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $437.88m, against the overall value of $502.25m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of January 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Kymera International’s $250m acquisition of Reading Alloys
- The $70.45m acquisition of DRDGOLD by Sibanye Gold
- PT Indotan Halmahera Bangkit’s $60.52m acquisition of Newcrest Singapore Holdings
- The $39.12m acquisition of Ferro Alloys by Vedanta
- Portal Capital’s private equity deal with North American Helium for $17.8m.
Source: Global Data, Photo: Fotolia