Metals & mining industry deals totalled $3.68bn globally in July 2019
by David Fleschen
Total metals & mining industry deals for July 2019 worth $3.68bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
The value marked an increase of 44.8% over the previous month and a drop of 46.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.84bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.9% over the last 12-month average with 102 deals against the average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $2.06bn.
Metals & mining industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 88.5% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $3.25bn, against the overall value of $3.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Anhui Industry Mergers And Acquisitions Fund, Beijing Jinshi Hongyi Equity Investment Fund, GoldStone Investment and Sanxia Jinshi Investment Management’s $1.2bn private equity deal with Hebei Baosteel Canning North
- The $841.11m asset transaction with ArcelorMittal by Liberty House Group
- Baosteel Hong Kong InvestmentLimited’s $658.99m acquisition of Maanshan Iron & SteelLimited
- The $283m asset transaction with N-Mining by Kinross Gold
- Resolute Mining’s acquisition of Toro Gold for $274m
Source: Global Data, Photo: Fotolia